1. Entry into the Semester 2 2021 Instructor Survey Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
2. The Competition is conducted by John Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd, ABN 67 009 673 081 of 42 McDougall Street, Milton, Queensland, 4064 (“Promoter”).
3. The Promotion commences 15/11/2021 at 08:00am AEST and ends on 13/12/2021 at 11:55pm AEST (“Promotion Period”).
4. Entry is open only to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over but not including employees or immediate family members of the Promoter or its affiliates. (“Eligible Entrants”). ‘Immediate family members’ means husband, wife, de facto, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
5. To be entered into this Promotion, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Promotion Period, a) complete the online survey ‘Competition’ sent via email from the Promoter entitled ‘Semester 2 2021 Instructor Survey Competition’ b) be an employee at a higher education institution in Australia or New Zealand, and c) answer the following question ‘In 50 words or less, tell us about the biggest challenges or opportunities you faced while teaching this year.’ in 50 words or less.
6. Eligible Entrants receive one entry for completing the online survey and submitting this to Wiley. Only one entry per person is permitted. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
7. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
8. The winner of the Promotion shall be judged by the judging panel assembled by the Promoter to have the most interesting answer. The Promotion is a game of skill.
9. The prize consists of a Gift Card valued at AUD$200 (“Prize”). The Prize is not redeemable for cash and is non-transferable. Total value of the Prize is $200.
10. Entries will be judged at the Wiley offices in Richmond, Victoria within 7 days of the survey ending on 13/12/2021. Entries received after the end of the Promotion Period will not be eligible.
11. All provisional winners will only be deemed winners once verified by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. In the event that the Prize remains unclaimed by 28 days after the end of the Competition Period, the Promoter shall award the Prize to the next ranked Entry by the Promoter’s judging panel. Provisional winners will be notified as set out in paragraph 11.
13. The Prize will be sent by post to the Prize winner within 60 days of the judging date. The Promoter will cover all postage costs and will take no responsibility for any Prizes damaged in transit.
14. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion (subject to compliance with any relevant State Authority conditions) suspend, cancel or recommence the Promotion if: a) for any reason the promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion; or b) the determination of the prize winners or the delivery of the Prize is prevented or hindered by any outside agent or event including but not limited to vandalism, power failure, natural disaster, acts of God, civil unrest or strikes or other industrial action.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
16. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
18. The Promoter may use the answers submitted for promotional, marketing, publicity or research purposes. In submitting their Entry, all Entrants grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide licence to the copyright in their answers submitted as part of their Entries for marketing, publicity or research purposes.
19. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss or damage; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
20. All Entrants agree that all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connecting with this Promotion shall be subject to the law of the State of Victoria, and all parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria.